Transformers: Age of Extinction is an upcoming American science fiction action film based on the Transformers toy, comic, and media franchise. It is the fourth installment of the live-action Transformers film series starring Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor, Sophia Myles, Stanley Tucci and Kelsey Grammer. It is a sequel to Transformers: Dark of the Moon, taking place four years after the invasion of Chicago. Like its predecessors, the film will be directed by Michael Bayand executive produced by Steven Spielberg. This is the first film in the series to not include Shia LaBeouf and also the first to feature an entirely new cast. Returning Transformers include Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, and is the first live-action Transformers film to feature Dinobots. The film is set for release on June 27, 2014, in 3D.
- Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager, a single father and struggling inventor.
- Nicola Peltz as Tessa Yeager, Cade’s daughter.
- Jack Reynor as Shane Dyson, Tessa’s boyfriend and a race car driver.
- Kelsey Grammer as Harold Attinger.
- Stanley Tucci as Joshua, an arrogant designer who wants to build his own robots.
- Sophia Myles as Darcy, Joshua’s geologist assistant.
- T. J. Miller as Lucas, Cade’s best friend and a mechanic.
- Titus Welliver as Savoy, leader of the team of agents hired by Attinger.
- Li Bingbing as Su Yueming, the “CEO of the Chinese Transformers”.
- Victoria Summer as Joshua’s executive assistant.
Han Geng was cast in an unspecified role. Byron Li, Austin Lin, Candice Zhao and Teresa Daley are cast in roles after winning the reality television show Transformers 4 Chinese Actors Talent Search Reality Show
- Peter Cullen voices Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots who transforms into a Western Star 4900 Custom semi-trailer truck.
- Bumblebee, an Autobot who transforms into a modified 1967 Camaro as well as a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro concept.
- Hound, an Autobot who transforms into an Oshkosh Defense Medium Tactical Vehicle.
- Crosshairs, an Autobot who transforms into a 2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette Stingray.
- Drift, an Autobot who transforms into a black and blue 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse.
- Grimlock, a Dinobot who transforms into a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Lockdown, a Decepticon who transforms into a grey 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Coupe.
- Stinger, a Decepticon who transforms into a red and black 2013 Pagani Huayra.
- Cyclonus, a Decepticon.
- A white Chevrolet Sonic RS.
- A black and grey 2014 Freightliner Argosy cab over trailer truck.
- A rusty Marmon cab-over semi-truck with an Autobot rubsign-like insignia.
- A silver Trumpchi E-jet.
- A white 2013 Chevrolet Camaro.
- Black Rally Fighter cars with a skull logo.
The Dinobots have been confirmed to appear in the film by producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura. Ratchet‘s and Leadfoot‘s vehicle modes have been seen on set, though, their inclusion in the film has yet to be mentioned or confirmed.A Chevrolet Suburban similar to the Dreads’ alt modes has also been spotted on set. For the production, two identical instances of each vehicle were obtained, to have as a backup. On January 13, 2014, Reno Wilson tweeted that he had completed a voice over session for Bay, with the hash tags “Transformers 4” and “Brains“.
Now it has been revealed… that the title would be:
“Age of Extinction” … here’s the teaser poster…
and the just released teaser
on a lighter note… enjoy…
Transformers Gangnam Style:
I just had to post it… they’re so cute hahaha…
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION… THE CARS…
*TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON (2011)
*TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN (2009)
- “Gangnam Style” Is Now The Most-Watched YouTube Video Of All Time (buzzfeed.com)
- Best Evidence Yet That Transformers 4 Has Dinobots (toplessrobot.com)
- ‘Transformers 4′ Gets Teaser Poster and Official Title (slashfilm.com)