ROBOCOP REBOOT… COMING THIS 2014…
RoboCop is an upcoming American science fiction action film directed by José Padilha. It is a remake of the 1987 film of the same name and a reboot of the RoboCop film series, making it the fourth installment of the franchise. The film stars Joel Kinnaman in the title role, with Gary Oldman as Dr. Dennett Norton, Michael Keaton as Raymond Sellars, Samuel L. Jackson as Pat Novak, Abbie Cornish as Clara Murphy, and Jackie Earle Haley as Maddox.
Screen Gems first announced a remake in 2005, but it was halted one year later. Darren Aronofsky and David Self were originally assigned to direct and write the film, respectively, for a tentative 2010 release. The film was delayed numerous times, and Padilha signed on in 2011. In March 2012, MGM announced an August 2013 release, but that was then changed to February 2014. The principal characters were cast from March to July 2012. Principal photography began in September 2012 in Torontoand Vancouver, with additional locations in Hamilton, and Detroit in the United States.
In 2028, multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and honest cop doing his best to fight crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured while on duty, OmniCorp utilize their knowledge in robotics to save Murphy’s life. Murphy returns to the streets of his city with new abilities and issues a regular man has never had to face before.
- Joel Kinnaman as Alex Murphy, a police officer who is injured in the line of duty and transformed into the cyborg RoboCop.
- Gary Oldman as Dr. Dennett Norton, the scientist who creates RoboCop.
- Michael Keaton as Raymond Sellars, the villainous CEO of OmniCorp.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Pat Novak, a media mogul who exercises compelling charm that inspires devotion in others.
- Abbie Cornish as Clara Murphy, Alex’s wife.
- Jay Baruchel as Pope, the head of marketing for OmniCorp.
- Aimee Garcia as Kim, a scientist who works with Dr. Dennett Norton.
- John Paul Ruttan as David Murphy, Alex’s son.
- Jackie Earle Haley as Maddox, a military tactician responsible for training RoboCop.
- Miguel Ferrer as Vallon
- Jennifer Ehle as Liz Kline
- Marianne Jean-Baptiste as Karen Dean, Detroit chief of police.
- Michael K. Williams as Officer Jack Lewis, Alex’s former partner.
- Douglas Urbanski as Mayor Durant, the mayor of Detroit.
- Zach Grenier as Senator Dreyfuss
- #SDCC 2013: RoboCop Rating Revealed (dreadcentral.com)
- Comic-Con 2013: ‘RoboCop’ Has WiFi; Film Aiming for PG-13 Rating (screenrant.com)
- SDCC ’13: Samuel L. Jackson Talks ‘ROBOCOP’ (Video) (comicbookmovie.com)
- SDCC: “RoboCop” Commandeers Hall H, Reveals Footage & Plot Details (spinoff.comicbookresources.com)