You shall sail the iron ship with warriors of bone,
You shall find what you seek and make it your own,
But despair for your life entombed within stone,
And fail without friends, to fly home alone.
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters is an upcoming 2013 American fantasy-adventure film based on the Rick Riordan novel of the same name. It is a sequel to the 2010 film Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief and continues the adventures of Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman) and his friends, as they search for the Golden Fleece at the titular Sea of Monsters to save an ailing magical tree that protects their home from foes. The film is scheduled to be released on August 7, 2013. Available in 2D and 3D in all cinemas and cineplexes.
Percy Jackson is having nightmares about a cyclops chasing Grover Underwood. At school, a group of Laistrygonian giants attack Percy, but he is saved by his half-brother Tyson (a cyclops disguised as a human). Annabeth Chase takes Percy and Tyson to Camp Half-Blood, but they arrive to find the camp under attack by two bronze Colchis bulls. Thalia’s tree (which protects the borders of Camp Half-Blood) has been poisoned, leaving the camp vulnerable to enemy attacks. After Clarisse la Rue and Tyson defeat the bulls, Chiron the centaur is suspected of poisoning the tree (largely because of his familial connection to the titan Kronos) and is fired from the camp. The demigod Tantalus is brought from his prison in Tartarus to be Chiron’s replacement.
Percy has another dream about Grover. This time, Grover explains a cyclops named Polyphemus is holding him captive in the “Sea of Monsters”, and he is talking to Percy through an empathy link, allowing them to communicate through dreams. When he awakens, Percy tells Annabeth about his dreams, and she deduces Grover may have found the Golden Fleece, which can cure Thalia’s poisoned tree. They ask Tantalus to send someone on a quest to find the Golden Fleece, and he sends Clarisse. Percy goes to a nearby beach to clear his head, and he is approached by the messenger god Hermes, who urges him to search for the fleece as well. He summons Annabeth and Tyson to aid Percy on his quest, and gives them a thermos full of wind and three duffel bags containing clothes, money and vitamins, while Percy’s father Poseidon sends three hippocampi (a marine creature which is equine in appearance) to take them across the sea.
- Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson, the demigod son of Poseidon.
- Brandon T. Jackson as Grover Underwood, Percy’s best friend, a satyr.
- Alexandra Daddario as Annabeth Chase, the demigod daughter of Athena and Percy’s love interest.
- Leven Rambin as Clarisse La Rue, the demigod daughter of Ares.
- Jake Abel as Luke Castellan, the demigod son of Hermes.
- Stanley Tucci as Dionysus the god of wine and director of Camp Half-Blood.
- Nathan Fillion as Hermes, Luke’s father; the god of thieves, travelers, and messengers.
- Douglas Smith as Tyson, Percy’s cyclops half-brother.
- Paloma Kwiatkowski as Thalia Grace, the demigod daughter of Zeus
- Sean Bean as Zeus, Lord of the Sky, King of the twelve gods of Mount Olympus and brother of Poseidon and Hades
- Anthony Head as Chiron, the activities director at Camp Half Blood. Chiron is a Centaur.
- Robert Maillet as Polyphemus, the Cyclops that owns Circeland and is guarding the Golden Fleece
- Derek Mears as Cyclops.
- Missi Pyle, Yvette Nicole Brown and Mary Birdsong as the Graeae
If you like the 1st group of posters in 2010…
P░E░R░C░Y J░A░C░K░S░O░N AND THE OLYMPIANS (2010)
THE LIGHTNING THIEF